Friday, September 9, 2011

I'm still alive and kicking....

just haven't been posting here in a while. Things are progressing according to plan; which is to say I am working on building my aerobic base by running easy, keeping my heart rate down. I have a couple of races upcoming which I am starting to worry about, the chickamauga half marathon Nov 12 and the darkside 50K the next day, Nov 13. My plan is to tackle the half at a ridiculously easy pace, enjoying the other runners, the awesome scenery and history of the venue, my good friends who are running the marathon, and then finishing my first 50K in PTC..Yeah, Come On!!
Two weeks later, I want to run the Bartram Forest 50K in south GA, a trail run where the finisher's prize is a large, homemade ginger bread man..Who wouldn't want to finish 50K to eat that cookie?
I'm also registered for the Tough Mudder in Tampa, FL Dec 3, but I'm not so sure I'll be making that trip..Don't know that I've really got the funds required for travel, food and lodgings, so I may be bailing on that one.
Next on my radar is the Huntsville, AL, 8 hr run on new years eve, followed by the darkside marathon new year's day..
I'm going to register for my first 50 mile race next year, just going to do it as Nike tells me too..More info on that at a later date.
For now, I'm keeping my running low key, running 3 to 4 times a week with a long run set for 20 miles this Sunday..I'm alternating my long runs, one week on trails, the following week on the roads..Breaks up the monotony and keeps me training for both surfaces..My goal is to try and maintain my focus on low heart rate training, build a base for at least a year, before I begin to focus on building speed..It's tough, always running so slowly, but I'm convinced there is a benefit for me in this type of training..
Anyway, not very sexy i know, but that's what's going on in my little corner of the world!













No comments:

Post a Comment